3145 N. Dysart Rd. Suite #104, Avondale, AZ 85392
Sentosa Martial Arts in Avondale, AZ
Sentosa Martial Arts - 3145 N. Dysart Rd. Suite #104 | Avondale, AZ 85392 | Tel. 623-935-5759
© Sentosa Martial Arts 2016 All Rights Reserved
My name is Jerry Laurita, I am the owner and chief instructor. I have been training in Martial Arts since 1980 and teaching Martial Arts in Arizona since 1999.
I started learning Martial Arts when I was 7 years old. I have always had an interest in learning the more exotic styles of Martial Arts such as Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Ninjutsu and Kung Fu.
However, when I was a kid I made a promise to myself that I would travel around the world and learn these more exotic styles from the best Instructors in the World and then open a Martial Arts school and share that knowledge with my students.
My interest in these arts were greatly influenced by watching movies such as the 36 Chambers, 5 Deadly Venoms, 8 Diagram Pole Fighters, Kickboxer, Bloodsport, Prey for Death, Revenge of the Ninja and of course Bruce Lee Movies.
My true love is teaching everyday students, people like that kid who lacks confidence or is being bullied at school or that adult student who is obese and has high blood pressure, to learn Muay Thai or BJJ and become awesome Martial Artists who love learning, training and become the future leaders in our community that inspires other people to do the same.
- Muay Thai / Certified Kru under Master Toddy, Ajahn Suchart and Master Saohin
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / 4th Degree Black Belt under Master Joe Moreira
- Haidong Gumdo / 4th Degree Black Belt under Master Jeong Woo Kim
- Krav Maga / Level 3 Instructor under Marty Cale
- F.A.S.T. Defense / Certified Instructor under Bill Kipp
- Muay Thai Referee / Certified C Class Referee under the USMF
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Referee / Certified under IBJJF
- 5 SJJIF BJJ World Champions
- 5 IBJJF BJJ Pan American Champions
- 15 Arizona State BJJ Champions
- 2 US Open Haidong Gumdo Champions
- Competitive Muay Thai Fighters
- Competed in 1999 BJJ World Championships in Brazil
- Competed in Multiple BJJ Pan American Championships
- Member of 1st American Haidong Gumdo Demonstration Team to Demo in Korea at the 2008 Haidong Gumdo World Championships
- Competed in Sumo and Judo
- Fought in 2 MMA Matches
- Filmed 6 Sets of Martial Arts Instructional Video Sets
- Published Writer in "Grappling Magazine"
When I was a kid there weren’t any schools that taught these styles of Martial Arts where I lived. There was only Karate and Tae Kwon Do, so I started learning Karate.
Sentosa Martial Arts
Sentosa Martial Arts has become a landmark of Martial Arts training in Avondale, Goodyear and Litchfield Park. It is owned by Master Jerry Laurita who leads an extremely talented group of instructors and black belts to bring you the pinnacle of modern Martial Arts curriculum and training. Get started now and find out how you can be healthier, happier, AND more successful through Sentosa Martial Arts training!
Sentosa Martial Arts is an institution of self-improvement and the home of champions. You and your family are in good, caring hands with the Sentosa Martial Arts team.
With their focus on creating a POSITIVE, safe, fun training environment, Sentosa Martial Arts has earned the reputation in Avondale as being one of the top Martial Arts school and character development center in the area as well as being the only authentic Muay Thai school in Avondale, Goodyear and Litchfield Park.
Although some people think the martial arts are about just fighting, our program is so much more.
When you train in our Martial Arts classes, you take advantage of the best self-improvement system in the world.
Through the practice of physical self-defense skills, you will follow a blueprint for a successful life based on discipline, focus, and perseverance.
You will experience the satisfaction that comes not from winning over others, but from winning over yourself as you become stronger, healthier, and happier than you have ever been in your life.