My name is Jerry Laurita, I am the owner and chief instructor of Sentosa Martial Arts. I have been training in Martial Arts since 1980 and I have been teaching Martial Arts in since 1996.
I started learning Martial Arts when I was 7 years old. I have always had an interest in learning the more exotic styles of Martial Arts such as Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, Kali, Ninjutsu and Kung Fu.
My interest in these arts were greatly influenced by watching movies such as the 36 Chambers, 5 Deadly Venoms, 8 Diagram Pole Fighters, Kickboxer, Bloodsport, Prey for Death, Revenge of the Ninja and of course Bruce Lee Movies.
- Muay Thai / Kru under Master Toddy, Ajahn Suchart, Saohin
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / 4th Degree Black Belt under Master Joe Moreira
- Haidong Gumdo / 4th Degree Black Belt under Master Jeong Woo Kim
- Krav Maga / Level 3 Instructor under Marty Cale
- F.A.S.T. Defense / Certified Instructor under Bill Kipp
- Muay Thai Referee / Certified C Class Referee under the USMF
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Referee / Certified under IBJJF
- Competed in 1999 BJJ World Championships in Brazil
- Competed in Multiple BJJ Pan American Championships
- Member of 1st American Haidong Gumdo Demonstration Team
to Demo in Korea at the 2008 Haidong Gumdo World
- Competed in Sumo and Judo
- Fought in 2 MMA Matches (1-1)
- Filmed 6 Sets of Martial Arts Instructional Video Sets
- Published Writer in "Grappling Magazine"
I have trained with many great instructors such as Thohsaphon “Master Toddy” Sitiwatjana, Somapat “Master A” Sitiwatjana, Ajahn Suchart, Master Saohin Srisuk, Ajarn Monlit Sitphodaeng, Sensei Fred Royers, Sensei Ivan Hippolyte, Ramon Dekkers, Sensei Thom Harinck, Kru Tosapon Surawasri, Master Joe Moreira, the Machado Brothers, Wellington “Megaton” Dias, Mark Lyons, Gene LeBell, Rickson Gracie, Royler Gracie, Manimal, Guro Dan Inosanto, Burton Richardson, Master Jeong Woo Kim, Grandmaster Bouk Soo Joung, Marshall Parnell, Marty Cale and John Whitman.
My true love is teaching everyday students, people like that kid who lacks confidence or is being bullied at school or that adult student who is obese and has high blood pressure, to learn Muay Thai or BJJ and become awesome Martial Artists who love learning, training and become the future leaders in our community that inspires other people to do the same.
When I was a kid there weren’t any schools that taught these styles of Martial Arts where I lived. There was only Karate and Tae Kwon Do, so I started learning Karate.
However, when I was a kid I made a promise to myself that I would travel around the world and learn these more exotic styles from the best Instructors in the World and then open a Martial Arts school and share that knowledge with my students.
So, that is what I did, I worked and saved my money so I could travel around the world...training with the best instructors I could find. I have trained in Thailand (5x’s), Brazil (5x’s), Korea (4x’s), Japan (1x) and Holland (1x).
- TBA Classic Muay Thai Champion (1)
- Southwest Regional Muay Thai Champion (1)
- SJJIF BJJ World Champions (8)
- IBJJF BJJ Pan Am Champions (5)
- Arizona State BJJ Champions (18)
- US Open Haidong Gumdo Champions (2)